A large part of the United States will be experiencing extreme heat conditions (high heat and humidity with the temperatures above 90 degrees for several days) in the coming days and weeks.
Take steps to prepare and stay safe. Extreme heat can be dangerous for all, but especially for older adults and people with chronic conditions.
Here are some tips for coping with extreme heat from Ready.gov.
• Find air conditioning.
• Avoid strenuous activities.
• Watch for heat illness.
• Wear light clothing.
• Check on family members and neighbors.
• Drink plenty of fluids.
• Watch for heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heatstroke.
• Never leave people or pets in a closed car.
Please click here for more details: HEAT ADVISORY
If you or an aging loved-one are considering hiring Home Care in Northbrook, IL, call the caring staff at LifeCare Home Health & In-Home Services. Call (888) 606-4199 LifeCare serves all of the Chicago Metro Area.
- How Does Physical Therapy Help Prevent Senior Falls? - May 12, 2023
- Types of Home Health Care Nursing Services - May 4, 2023
- Detecting Early Signs of Alzheimer’s with Alzheimer’s Care - April 28, 2023