Hospital to Home Transitional Program
Transition from one location to another can be a daunting task. Transitioning from a hospital or skilled care facility, back home is definitely not easy. Many times lack of communication among healthcare providers leads to gaps in care and unwanted re-hospitalizations.
Our Transitional Care Program ensures safe home transition and minimizes the errors in communication. We are skilled to make the transition process as smooth as possible.
At the Facility:
- Our Care Coordinators will visit the client at the skilled care facility or hospital, meet all appropriate staff, discuss care needs, collect all required facility discharge documentation, and create a complete plan of care ready to set in motion once the patient is safe at home.
- Depending on the needs Care Coordinators will work with the discharge planners and social workers to arrange for medical home health services at home or non-medical assistance.
- Our Care Coordinators will arrange for a client to meet with the caregiver at the facility prior to going home.
- LifeCare can arrange for transportation from the facility, pick up medications and food prior to going home.
- Our Care Coordinators will conduct a home safety assessment and will ensure that you have everything necessary to start your recovery at home.
- Clients can receive an Emergency Response System along with the LifeCare Connect concierge service and a complimentary RN follow up visit.
For more information on the Transitional Care Program please contact our office at 847-205-4444
Ready to find out more?
View our services
Let's Get Started!
Get immediate help with info
My grandmother has been with LifeCare Home Health Services for over 7 years now and has received services ranging from nursing, to physical therapy, and health aid. Staff are incredibly professional, while providing the best kind of home health care. My grandmother has been able to live a happy life at home due to this terrific company. I highly recommend LifeCare Home Health & In-Home Services.
We have referred patients for devices and the reviews have been amazing. Professional cautious service. Always timely and gentle. Patients are very comfortable with the staff and feel safe and anxious to see the CNA.
LifeCare's nursing staff was caring, compassionate and professional! Our caregiver was wonderful. Her kind heartedness and gentle spirit blended with her strong work ethic made for a perfect fit. Well done Lifecare.
My parents have in home nurse and physical therapy services.
LifeCare staff are caring , professional and responsible.
At LifeCare we hire only passionate people. We screen and properly train them. Our caregivers are individually matched to the client. Our skilled professionals are continuously being updated on latest developments in medical care.